Monday, September 13, 2010



Occasionally, one of us, a select one of the millions will stop, turn around, and really think. They will go within and search the crevices of their innermost, trying to rip and rid and strip themselves of all the ritual and customs and ideas implanted into their brains by the world outside of themselves. What do I want? 

 These people do incredibly spontaneous things – like wake up one morning and decide it’s time to leave – quitting an incredibly successful job and leaving behind everything they have as comfort – to venture into the world unknown – the world they want to create for themselves – into a world that gives them deep, real, perfect, human happiness. “No wonder the world is so angry”, my friend proclaims because now she knows how it feels to graduate college. Now you get a job, working full time, 9-5, coming home to take care of the baby, eat dinner, go to bed, and repeat that same thing day after day after day.

I want to live deliberately. A deliberate life of focus, where I know as fact what I love, what I want, and everything I do, every move I make has a deep purpose and satisfies me into my soul. 

Deliberation to find my deliberate life. What do I love? What makes me happy? A quest of myself I am happy to make now before life has gotten too complicated and too many chains have been locked.






photo via Igor&Andre

No comments:

Post a Comment