Friday, February 10, 2012

My latest poem -


I’d rather live with the horses

Do you believe a man could swallow the sun?
If any man could – I assure you it would be me
But recently Ive settled for living in the shadows
Melted into the floor of an old empty apartment building
Im alone and I am nothing but wishing I was
A part of the light that is casting me into being

Im the one Plato described
Walked back into the cave & I’ve asked for these chains
High heels, computer screens, apartment buildings
I never see the trees or the horses that run free
I work for the need of money & I live for the
Manifestation of an idea that only lives in dreams

I don’t know which way to go
Half of me wants to run away - bathe in deep and heavy snow
Escape a world I cannot accept or fathom anymore
I’m often confused about these things:
How do I manage to live happily without commiting?
The washing machine, baby strollers, the 2 car garage among other things

I’m shrinking- a quiet elf of what I was intended to be
Perhaps I will never be anything other than a heart that loves
And second guesses absolutely everything it does
God has turned his back on me – his faithful servant
Now he does not hear my call nor listen to my prayer
He has led me on a path that’s dumping into dry desert air

Truths now flicker in shadows – I strapped down, yearning to touch
My spirit to the desert floor of being - the earth with 2 bare feet
I used to trample my own worlds - my mind a pioneer
Instead now I just live with a dry & bitter feeling
Still a faint light somewhere in the bottom of me hopes that somewhere along the way
My time might come – I might reach the day when I will swallow the sun 



















No comments:

Post a Comment