Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Going into the hospital with a small cut on my small little finger
It was bleeding before, I swear, It was
It was bleeding and bleeding red thickness
All over the floor.
And my dog was licking the blood up
And I was calm as could be, so, so calm
Crying calm, I called my daddy.

The man in the small white room sat with bored big eyes
Welcomed me and asked me questions.
Drugs, Cigarettes, Alcohol.
I asked questions back.
Alcohol? How often? Allergies? Do you Need them?
He said yes, Im getting to that.
I was most likely
The quirkiest thing
Hes seen in weeks

He tied a tight rope around my arms
And let it squeeze me so hard
My hand felt it might come off
And I told him it hurts and he said Its almost done.

He asked me how I did it
How I made such a little cut on my little little finger
And I told him with a knife
How else?
What other excuse would suffice?

He said, I see, and what were you doing with the knife?
Well why does it matter?
I didn’t say but thought so sharply.
The comedy in the room
Was rising – but I was the only one in the audience
As I watched myself with such a little cut
On my little ol finger
Talking to the man in a white jacket
Cunning – Don’t even make me take myself seriously

And I said I was cutting flowers

A glimmer of idiocy sparkled out of my eye
As I giggled at the circumstance and he thought I crazy
And he handed me papers and told me to follow
A little black line on the ground
To a place called the FAST TRACK
And I said what? Follow this tape on the floor?
And he said yes,
And I said, this is so strange
And I giggled
And as I walked away I turned back
And he winked at me
Me and my small little thigh
I am pretty darn cute I suppose
I hardly even try

c. 2010 emily clibourn

No comments:

Post a Comment